Ruins: The Worst Thing to Happen to Phantom Forces and Why

First thing I have to say is…

WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCKING HELL WERE YOU SNORTING WHEN YOU DECIDED TO ADD THIS MAP TO PHANTOM FORCES STYLIS?

This map, is the pinnacle of phantom forces cancer. I will show you, the long-ass list of what is wrong with this map.

-A shit ton of windows up high on the map for cancerous M60 and MG3KWS users to abuse and camp
-God awfully huge so it’s almost impossible to know where the hell you’re getting shot from
-Shit ton of dark spots in the high-up camping area I previously mentioned which allows for fucking vampires to kill you constantly.
-KOTH is the fucking spawn of satan because there is absolutely NO. FUCKING. COVER on the hill.
-So many fucking passage ways that you get overwhelmed and surrounded every 30 seconds
-KOTH is apparently the only fucking gamemode that occurs on this map (I’ve only seen a different gamemode one other time, and it was Flare Domination)
-This map has so many goddamn parts that even with graphics set to “4” in settings I still get shitty 20 FPS, and the fact that there’s constant MG3 and M60 spam it doesn’t make anything better.

Sure, the map may look fun at first spawn but

I SHIT YOU NOT YOU WILL BE MORE WRONG THAN A PERSON WHO THINKS MERCURY IS THE CLOSEST RESTROOM TO NORTH AMERICA

Not to mention this game made me get the absolute fucking worst end-game KDR I’ve had in goddamn ages.

I even made a fucking small comic to show how desperate I am to tell you guys how cancerous this map is.

There’s so many of these goddamn cunts that I wouldn’t be surprised if Elvis’ soul is somewhere in there.

So, remember when I made this post Maps From Worst to Best
and I put Suburbia as the worst with 0/10?

FORGET THAT SHIT

Ruins surpasses all laws and rules of 1 to 10. I give this map a fucking

-183782617626327362673627 nan/1000000000000
That’s how fucking bad this map is

It is absolute cancer
any map would be better than this
Dunes is better, at least your enemies aren’t vampires camping in the shadows
Dust 1/2 was better, at least the hill had some cover, and you would at least have some fun with the amount of vietnam+normandy beach+ww1 chaos there is.
Suburbia is better, at least there people move around more and everyone is easily visible with their dark outfits in that goddamn rainbow neighborhood
Warehouse is better, people may come from everywhere and camp a lot, but at least the campers are easy to spot out
Base Luna is better, the hill wasn’t the spawn of satan because you can hide behind crates
Even fucking Crane Site Rev was better, and they fucking REMOVED that map.

I am absolutely DISGUSTED to play on this map, the last round I played on that map about an hour ago was the fucking WORST, GOD. DAMN EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD ON THIS GAME. WORSE than being knife hacked by some faggot. WORSE than being spawn trapped on Highway by BFG and M60 cunts. WORSE than using my old-ass 2015 PC with the shittiest processor.

Unless you’re mentally unstable or you’re an asshole camper up high (actually mentally unstable, unlike blueblackness) you need to rethink your life and consider why the hell you enjoy this map.

So, finally, I want you folks to answer this poll.

• FUCKING GET RID OF PIECE OF SHIT RUINS
  • GET RID OF IT
  • NOOO GOD, NO GOD PLEASE NO, NO, NO…NOOOOOOOOO, THIS MAP IS CANCER
  • I dun really care if they gid rid of it
  • Meh
  • Nah fam I’m okay with it staying
  • Please keep it
  • Ew, you think this is a bad map? Ew get away from me marsupial

0 voters

This is Tornado, and I’m gone.

You need a Snickers bar

ok

Take a shot for Everytime Tornado cusses.

Also, I do find this map to be terrible, but it isn’t the worst in terms of everything. The problem with this map is that it isn’t built like a normal PF map. This was the zombies map if I’m correct, so of course it doesn’t work too well. While I absolutely hate the map layout and the stupid amount of places where a Sniper/MG nest can be created, the map looks fucking cool. The asethetic is there, so it’s ok. Although the layout is the redeeming negative trait of this map, so I have more of a love-hate relationship with Rust.

Map
4/10
“Still better than Dust”

Asethetic
10/10
-IGN

IMO, I’m perfectly fine with the map. Campers are easy to find, the map is super small, all the sniping spots are really well balanced, the AKM is god teir on it, and all the flank routes are easy manage.

It’s a really fun map for me.

beautiful poem.

Ruins was developed as a multiplayer map, but they modified it and put it in the zombie event as a teaser.

Oh ok

Yeah it does look pretty cool, but to be honest to me it belongs more as one of the levels in the 2018 egghunt (as shit as it is)

BEST.DRAWING.SKILLS.EVER

Trust me I’ve made much better, you’d be surprised what I did a few months ago when I was still 12

so i guess i’ll rethink my life and kill myself

that was not a joke by the way

honestly why complain if yoi hate it when the devs dont listen

whats more, everyone has different opinions and if the devs listen, they have to listen to both sides of the argument and make proper judgement

so you cant demand for a change as one person and your argument must be strong and valid without any bias

good feedback

riperroni your correctness-oli

The best way to deliver a message to type in the largest bold available, and then do that for a solid 4-5 paragraphs.

I’m good at art to

that’s your computer unlike with the weird dunes thing

also you doing poorly doesn’t mean the map is bad it just means you’re garbage
(look at this guy’s KDR in your screenshot)

dust had the exact same layout as CS:GO of course it’s going to play fine

base luna was the “spawn of satan” everyone was jumping around with melee and shotguns getting 11 kill streaks regardless of rank

making a joke about being mentally unstable nice
also swearing doesn’t get your point across any clearer thanks

all in all the map is one of my favorite maps both aesthetically and game-play-wise; the map has open areas but also enough cover that using closer range weapons is viable. it has spots where you can snipe, but those spots aren’t too sheltered that people can’t get to them.

sure, there aren’t any thick walls so LMG does pretty well but it’s not the only option to doing well in that map

I can even kill ppl with my RPK :slight_smile:

From far away yet RPK has so much recoil