Phantom Forces changelog
Seeing as this site has become a lot more active in the past months, I thought that it’d be a good idea to import the changelog over here.
The changelog will still be maintained by Lito over on the wikia as far as I know, however, I will be copying the information from there to over here to make it more user friendly to find. I will try to remember updating the changelog whenever there is an update and the information is available. If I do forget to update this I’d appreciate if someone sent me a PM about it.
Keep in mind that some minimal internal changes may not be logged as they have no effect on the gameplay of the game.
Latest change to this article: 30.9.2017 at 10.42 GMT
Checking your server version
To find your server version you need to take a look in the lower right corner of your screen, on the chat bar.
[3.0.0] Massive Case/Knife System update
- Improved knife hit detection for all knives
– Knife Hit detection is now determined by two nodes on the blade using a magnitude check every frame
- Knives can only damage players in direct view
- Damage can only be dealt once per animation sequence even if multiple “hits” would be triggered
- Strategy: Faster blunt melee type knives may deal less damage for a faster attack sequence to allow for quicker follow up hits
- Although magnitude checks do occasionally pick up enemies behind walls if close enough, a raycast check is fired to ensure that they are in direct line of sight for the hit to count.
- Removed “Forward/Backward” range stat to knives, added a “Blade” range stat which is determined by the distance of the tip of the blade to the handle.
- Knife damage is determined by how close to the back of the enemy player the stab is
- There is an “arc range” behind the enemy player that varies from each knife for a guaranteed OHKO stab
- The arc range ratio determines the damage value between “Front stab damage” and “Back stab damage”
- Added ability for knives to “Headshot” by aiming the blade at the head
- Head and torso hit multipliers now apply
- Although the knife blade may eventually “pass” through the head model, only the first hit check counts even if it’s an arm or torso
- Attack animation sequence of knives matter as they dictate the motion of the blade
- Properly using the main attack and alternate attack sequence can determine whether the blade connects with an enemy player or not as well as aiming for headstabs
- Added four new categories for knife classification along with the new knives:
- One Hand Blade: Knive, Machete, Mek’Leth, Cleaver, Karambit R
- Two Hand Blade: Hattori, Chosen One
- One Hand Blunt: Trench Mace, Asp Baton, Stick Grenade
- Two Hand Blunt: Baseball Bat, Sledge Hammer
- Added Two new rank unlock knives: Trench Mace (23), Baseball Bat (48)
- Added ability to pick up dropped knives from dead players
- Increased walkspeed for all knives to 15-16 (depending on knife)
- Standard/maximum gun walkspeed is 14
- Equipping a knife allows players to outrun any player with a gun
Case System Changes
- New Legendary rolls added for every case
- Legendary rolls come with a random knife and a random attached skin chosen from the same case
- Unowned knives are prioritized for rewarding when landing on a legendary roll
- Game will make ten attempts to randomly pick a knife that isn’t already owned by the player
- If after ten attempts, the chosen knife is still one that the player owns, the player will simply receive a new skin for the knife
- Note: It is still possible for the game to reward the same exact knife AND skin in this scenario
- Selling the duplicate knife/skin combo is a valid option and fetches a decent amount of credits (1k~)
- After unlocking a case exclusive knife, it will remain unlocked permanently even if the Legendary skin is sold afterwards
- Fun fact: It is impossible to “land” a roll next to a Legendary skin
- If a Legendary skin appears, the game makes sure it is a guaranteed Legendary roll
- Version 3.0.0b: Added server announcement for rolling a Legendary
- New rolling rates displayed for each rarity
- Initial roll rates:
- Common: 60%
- Uncommon: 26%
- Rare: 10%
- Very Rare: 3%
- Legendary: 1%
- After every roll that is not either a Very Rare or Legendary, rolling rates are changed as following:
- Common: -0.50%
- Uncommon: -0.25%
- Rare: +/-0.00%
- Very Rare: +0.50%
- Legendary: +0.25%
- Rolling rates are reset to initial roll rates whenever a Very Rare or Legendary skin is rolled
- Rolling rate are tied to each specific case, i.e: pity rates in Fauna Case are unaffected when rolling a Pattern Case
- Initial roll rates:
- Any case can roll from the same pool of exclusive knives
- Added ability to assign specific weapons to cases for rolling
- Only owned guns can be assigned to the case
- Knives cannot be assigned to any case even if owned
- Cases awarded for free (login bonus, match victory, ect.) require a small fee to assign
- Free for cases purchased from the shop
- Legendary knife skins can still be unlocked from assigned cases and will override the weapon assignment
- Only owned guns can be assigned to the case
- Added ability to trade up six Very Rare skins of the same case to directly receive a random Legendary knife skin
- Version 3.0.0c: Removed ability to trade in three skins for a new skin of the same rarity as it no longer serves a purpose
- Increased skin selling prices based on rarity and case theme
- Fixed critical skin shop bugs, i.e. purchasing some random case ended up giving Space cases/keys
- Added “pages” to the inventory page to reduce the number of boxes displayed at once
- Streamlined case rolling for continuous mass rolling
- Added ability to directly type in the number of cases/keys to purchase in the shop
- New Splatter (Tier 1) Case and Pattern 2 (Tier 5) Case added
- New improved blood splatter effects
- Splatters now takes time to “travel”
- New splatter distribution formula to prevent blood circles from clipping out of the edges of walls
- M1911 mag size increased to 8, damage range slightly increased
- Experimental “Killed by this weapon” notification for rendering the full gun model killer used
- Third person models do not accurate display camo textures/material or attachments
- This produces the exact first person weapon model and places it over the player’s dead body
- A better placement solution for the gun model may be figured out in the future
- Moved killfeed headshot notification
- Improved iron sight ring for the SCAR family
[2.3.0] Knife animation revamp
New knife animation system for better independent arm motions and streamlining adding new knives in the future.
- New holding position for the default knife
- New inspection animations that can be more flexible
- Knives are now welded to a specified arm directly, arms move independently from each other
– Previous system had both arms welded to the knife, moving knife had also moved both arms together awkwardly
- Fixed third person model for Machete
TDM Warehouse now uses a separate more compact version of the map.
- Added ability to swap out different versions of the same map for various game modes
New lighter uniforms by Mardemon1
- Character model in the menu now accurately reflects the uniform of your current team
Improved and fixed various sniper scope reticles.
Updated sound effects for AK series, AUG series, Henry, KS-23M and Intervetion.
Fixed lasers not appearing while ADSing.
Added experimental FOV slider.
Internal security patches.
Fixed an issue where enabling materials on the P90’s magazine slot breaks spawning.
[Update 2.2.0] Camo system update
Materials are now finally supported on gun camos when you enable them (may result in framerate drops for lower end PCs).
Texture stretching will only work when materials are enabled.
New brick color selection options for editing camo skins, including RGB color sliders and the standard brick color palette.
New texture color selection option for non-black camo skins (has no effect on black textured skins).
Updated image reticles for sniper scopes.
Addressed some problematic lighting and physics issues on maps.
Fixed a bug where players could break their on HUD by spawning too fast.
Attempted a fix for dying on spawn.
Fixed the attachment kick bug.
Attempt to fix an issue that kicks Mac players with no reason.
New method of rendering bullets to reduce lag enabled by default
- Enable “Trey Particles” in the menu to go back to using the old tracer bullets
Adjusted suppressor damage modifiers for certain sniper rifles.
Dragunov SVU headshot multiplier dropped to 1.8
Patched credits bug.
New Henry 45-70 lever action rifle (battle rifle in-game) at rank 96.
New KS-23M pump action shotgun at rank 56.
Re-added attachment descriptions to the menu.
Advanced stats now update according to attachments equipped.
Dragunov SVU changes:
- Removed the built-in suppressor stat
- Buffed muzzle velocity to 3000
- Faster ADS time for non-scoped sights
- Slight decrease in KSG12’s aimed pellet spread from 2.2 to 2.1
- Slight increase in damage drop range for both Remington 870 and KSG12
- Pump action shotguns in scoped sights (VCOG) require unaiming in order to cycle the next round
Re-added Metro into map rotation, awaiting for progress on a remake before taking any further actions.
Centered hitmarker on screen for alternate aiming models that do not use sights.
Fixed Cold LMG sights.
Slightly faster re-aiming time for guns involving a bolt cycling/pump action animation (Mosin Nagant, shotguns, etc).
[Update 2.0.4] Revamped all suppressors.
- Removed the relevance of the “hide range” stat from every suppressor. All suppressors will hide you from enemy radar perfectly regardless of how close you are.
- Each suppressor will no longer rely on bullet velocity multipliers for each gun. Instead, they will be hard setting the bullet velocity to a specific value regardless of the gun being used.
- More clearly defined ballistic guidelines for each suppressor
– Lower bullet velocity = less damage penalty up close, more damage penalty over distance
– Higher bullet velocity = more damage penalty up close, less damage penalty over distance
- Lighter suppressor
– Lower bullet velocity -> shorter range shooting
– Requires slower rounds to keep it suppressed
- Heavier suppressor
– Higher bullet velocity -> further range shooting
– can have faster bullets and still be suppressed
- NOTE: Attachment descriptions should be coming back to the menu soon so that all of this information is displayed.
Fixed squad spawn bonus points.
Added alt firing modes to M9, M1911, G17, TEC-9 and M93R.
Attempt to fix an issue with getting kicked after purchasing an attachment and losing credits.
Fixed bullet penetration system to work more consistently.
Minor gun balancing:
- Intervention max damage dropped from 90 to 85
- L115A3 max damage dropped from 85 to 82
- Cold LMG slightly increased reload time, more z-axis recoil when ADSing
- AWS bullet speed reduced from 3000 to 2000
- MG36 min damage raised from 20 to 25, maximum damage raised from 29 to 31
- MAC19 min damage reduced from 22 to 19, slightly increased gun recoil
- SFG random ADS spread slightly reduced
New reload animation for L115A3 and AWS.
New alt firing modes for all LMGs and Glock 18 (T to toggle).
Fixed an issue with bolt action snipers not actually lining up in scope after cycling through the first round.
Removed a heavy recursive search function that generated lag spikes every second.
MP412 Rex no longer plays the dropped shell sound when firing.
Enabled ability for users to buy custom tags.
Minor fixes on tag saving.
Fixed sniper scope cycling animation.
Disabled HD audio sounds by default to reduce lag issues for most players.
[Update 2.0.0] (4th of July)
Every gun has been rebalanced, resounded, and remastered.
Significantly improved audio feedback as well as a whole host of new sound effects.
Metro and Crane Site Revamp have been removed from the map rotation until further notice.
Revamped Crane Site and Desert Storm to be more visually appealing as well as perform better gameplay wise.
Added both the L115 and AWS.
Added the MAC10.
Added the COLT LMG as the new starter LMG.
Moved M60 to rank 19
Improved the HUD to be more visually appealing and be more user friendly.
Tweaked starter loadouts for new players so that they are more friendly.
Redone spotting system that should encourage teamwork.
“In Combat” status for squad spawning that should prevent squad bombs and post-death team spawns.
Teammates will not collide with each other.
Suppression has been changed and tweaked to perform better.
The damage indicator has been removed and replaced with a more accurate and more balanced camera pull system.
Data should save more reliably and handle better, resulting in faster loading times.
Added new Warehouse map as compensation for the intermission goof.
Edited MP5 family skins.
Altered Pattern case skins to appear better.
Altered Uniform case skins to appear better.
Data related updates and stuff.
Modified certain textures in the MLG case to appear better
Reduced lag with gun skins by removing five out of six redundant texture objects, which means the same skin was rendered six times
- Note: This only works for as long as we remain using FileMesh parts for guns. The reason for applying six textures before was because MeshParts required a unique texture object for each face, filemeshes on the other hand only required one texture object, which automatically wrapped around all five other faces.
Modified Aug A3 Para’s recoil pattern (still experimental)
Redefined the Kriss Vector’s recoil pattern (still experimental)
Added 2-round burst mode to Kriss Vector
Game mechanic changes to features while aiming down sights
- Added ability to change firemodes while aiming
- Mosin Nagant can now fire and cycle rounds continuously while aiming
- Fixed animation issue with arms not moving in the shotgun pump animations
New skin cases
- Worn and Torn Case (Tier 2)
- Grunge Case (Tier 5)
Changed most transparent skin textures in the “Meme” case from having a white background to a default black background
Stat adjustments to Kriss Vector [Part 1]
- Reduced and redefined aiming recoil pattern to reflect the internal recoil reduction system it has in real life.
- Slight increase to maximum range
New Kriss Vector PDW unlocked at rank 100 added
Note: Stats are highly experimental and maybe subject to change
Fixed M16A3 and M16A4 canted delta sight positioning
Added option to sell away skins for small amounts of credits as a way to quickly delete duplicates or unwanted skins
- Economics of this feature will be monitored and may be subject to change at any moment
- Current price formula is based on the price of the case key a skin belongs to
- Equation: (Rarity level / 4) * key price * 0,1
- Rarity level is defined as: 1 (common), 2 (uncommon), 3 (rare), 4 (very rare)
Fixed an issue with the inventory scrolling bar going too far down
Removed the unnecessary popup hint when navigating the items in the inventory
[1.1.3 - 1.1.7]
Internal bug fixes and security updates
Spotting mechanic changes:
- Reverted spotting target area to be as wide as before
- Spotting dot directly synced with enemy name tag
- If an enemy is spotted and your mouse is over him, red dot will disappear and name tag will appear fully lit
- If enemy head is blocked by cover, red dot disappears until head is in line of vision again
New “spotted by enemy” notification
- Triggers when enemy uses spot (E) on you and has you marked
- Lasts for 15 seconds but an additional 3 seconds is stacked for every shot you fire while spotted (capped at 20 seconds)
Added an experience bar in the menu, slightly reorganized the player stats card
First attempt to fix the issue where player scores are not resetting after a match
Fixed some minor typos in the menu
- New uniform themed cases: A choice between having customization or not
- Uniform and Uniform 2 cases: Tier II cases that contain standard Army camouflage skin textures but none of these skins are customizable
- Uniform* and Uniform 2* cases: Tier IV cases that contain the same set of standard Army camouflage skin textures but every skin including common rarity ones can be customized.
Experimenting with fixed pricing of cases and keys to be simple to understand
- Fixed 10:1 ratio of cost in credits to robux
- Ex: A case for 100 credits can also be purchased for 10 robux
- Fixed 50:1 ratio of case cost in credits to case tier
- Ex: Tier I cases cost 50 credits, Tier II cases cost 100 credits, ect
- Fixed 2:1 ratio of cost for key prices to case prices
- Ex: If case costs 100 credits, keys to that case will cost 200 credits
Fixed seeing your own flickering name tag
Fixed death camera issue for player suicide deaths teleporting back to the black lobby
Fixed a critical purchase issue with attachments where the player would get disconnected after attempting to make a purchase
- Happens only when the player selects and deselects attachments in the preview screen, resulting in a table index that returns and empty string name for an attachment that the server actually attempts to look for and fails.
Re-enabled the Day/Night cycle script (was toggled off for the Rogue event)
Experimenting with the distribution for getting cases/keys to now be 60/40 as opposed to 90/10. Hopefully this will make skin acquisition more reasonable and appealing. More features for the skin cases may come in the future, such as potentially paying extra to select a desired gun for the skin to be applied on.
New Glock 18 model to use meshes
- Changed the CSG model to now use meshes
- Tweaked the reloading animation sequence to look less awkward
- Hipfire recoil values have been adjusted to reduce physical gun recoil while increasing upwards camera recoil
Updated inspection animations
- Dragunov SVU
- L85/L86 LSW/L22
- KSG 12
Internal security patches
Added search/sort functionality to inventory
Similar items in inventory display now stack to reduce clutter
Added option to disable textures for gun skins in first person (reduces shooting lag dramatically). Others will still be able to see the skins normally from third person.
Fixed moderation commands
Fixed name tags not displaying the correct team for some players
Added new internal moderation commands
- mod command fuckmyshitupfam(name, reason), clears all the player’s data permanently
- mod command credits(name, money, reason), sets the credits
- mod command rank(name, rank, reason), sets the rank
Fixed playerstates rank-up function to work correctly when multiple ranks are received at the same time
Buycredits networked function to force save (manualsave) playerdata after a purchase
- If the data fails to save then the credits will be given, but the ROBUX will be refunded such that if the credits are not saved, no ROBUX are stolen.
- Now uses ctr(credits) -> robux, meaning it can support an arbitrary number of credit purchases.
Sniper balance changes:
- Intervention: Will now only one-hit kill in torso up to 50 studs. Headshots are one hit kill at any range.
- Remington 700: Will now only one-hit kill in torso up to 30 studs. Headshots are one hit kill at any range.
- BFG: Will now only one-hit kill any body shot up to 50 studs. Head and torso shots are one hit kill at any range.
Improved backup saving system:
- If datastores are down at the time player leaves, the server will keep the player’s data and re-attempt to save to datastores until successful before clearing it
Star Wars Rogue Event concluded
Emergency hotfix for crashing lag due to name tag fix attempt
First attempt to fix name tags
Internal test to handle skins/cases that do not exist in old servers after receiving them in new servers
Fixed Machete inspection animation
Fixed an issue where if player dies while climbing a wall, gun remains out of sight no matter how many times player respawns
Fixed display issues for third person primary gun model in menu
- Not displaying the correct brickcolors of camo skins
- Primary gun model gets affected by secondary gun camo changes
Added feature to inventory page: Clicking skins will now give the option to directly edit the camo options on the skin’s weapon. Selecting this will automatically overwrite the class loadout to the skin’s weapon. If the skin’s weapon is not part of the current class (i.e. AK47 is not found in RECON class), the loadout will automatically switch to the best pick first acceptable loadout option (i.e. If AK47 is selected and RECON is the current loadout, the ASSAULT loadout will automatically be selected and the primary loadout will become the AK47)
Adjusted some server logic to prevent credits from being deducted in case of a failed purchase
Patched some inventory bugs of missing items
Fixed robux purchases for cases and keys
Slgihtly reduced lag cost from teamnames
Attempt to fix purchases incorrectly returning space cases/keys into the inventory when buying other items
Fixed a visual disappearing skin bug when leaving skins in the Trade-In selection (forgot a mishandled case in the previous patch)
Slightly toned down SKS damage back to 32 - 40 with a damage torso damage multiplier of 1.2x and head multiplier of 1.5x
Changed F5 key behavior to be an in-game suicide function
Fixed lasers not appearing in sniper scopes
Removed a watermark from the zebra skin
Removed case/key drops for ranking up to make it fair for high ranking players who have missed out on all the rank rewards
Many internal fixes
Fixed iron sights not being removed on the P90
Fixed a visual duplicating skin bug when placing skins in the Trade-In selection
Attempt to fix name tags
Fixed AK family magazine reloads
After months of working on the UI release, it is finally out. There’s a lot to cover what was changed, so stay tuned for more detailed documentation.
Added Moderation System
Attempted hacking fixes
Attempting to fix data corruption
Attempt to patch some exploits (most likely ineffective)
Fixed leaderboard not showing up when pressing tab
Massive internal networking changes
Red hitmarkers for headshots
[0.13.11b - d]
Reverted network test changes. Will be revisiting it to fix critical errors.
A played votekicked from a server will remain autokicked from the server when he/she attempts to rejoin
Critical internal network test
New M231 (Rank 123 troll gun): Features unusable iron sights and insane TTK with uncontrollable recoil
Minor update to chatting - players are no longer able to spam the chat with spaces and newlines
Minor adjustment to vaulting height requisites to make lower level obstacles apply
Fixed third person gun sounds being incorrect
Internal M231 testing
Fixed most sound bugs
Testing change to other player footstep sounds to become directional and be slightly louder
Changes to walking sound library
Reworked how sounds are played internally to adapt for Roblox’s upcoming sound updates
New COLT SMG 635 (Rank 49 high RoF PDW)
Attempt to patch exploits with gaining access to internal admin commands and dev tag impersonation
Disabled loadcharacter appearances
Fixed chat kicking bug
Added some more console tips
Major re-balancing of older guns
Reduced reload times for AS VAL, SR3M, L22, L85, L86, M60, SERBU SHOTGUN, REMINGTON 870, KSG12
Reduced swaying recoil and slight damage increase for P90
Slight buff to M60 and SCAR HAMR recoil recovery
Increased bullet penetration for SKS, P90 and MK11
Increased bullet drop off range for UMP45, MP7, G36, G36C, AUG A3, MP5, MP5SD, MP412, DEAGLE 44
BFG 50 min damage buffed to 100
Increased min damage for MPSD from 30 to 32, FAMAS from 19 to 20
Adjusted stock sight FoV for FAMAS, SCAR HAMR, AUG A1, AUG A2, AUG PARA
Slightly reduced upwards kick of M93R
Slight reduced in spread in SERBU SHOTGUN
Honey Badger (rank 62) released
M4/M16 inspection animation updated
Internal Honey Badger testing
New M16 models, re-added M16A3 (rank 31)
Adjusted stats for M4, M4A1, M16A4 as they have been long outdated
New inspection animation for M4/M16s
Modified SCAR reload sequence
Minor buffs to SCAR-H recoil handling
Dropped RPK max damage from 45 to 42
Added M4A1 (Rank 14) into the game to take the M4’s former place with the proper name designation
Added more tips to console
Minor M4 gun stat changes to accommodate the burst fire change
Slightly re-increased effectiveness of compensator on AUG A3 PARA
Removed 30 sec vote kick timer. Will need to revisit the system more.
Fixed guest chatting
Fixed delayed FoV scope zoom bug from cancelling reload and scoping in immediately
M4 model remake as the first work of the series. M4 has been changed to burst fire as it should be in real life. Recoil has been adjusted to make it viable with the burst fire mechanic. Rank for gun is unchanged, gun stats may be adjusted with further testing. A proper fully automatic M4A1 variant will follow soon in the M4/M16 series update.
AK47, AKM, and RPK released
Reduced upwards translation recoil on AN-94 in aiming
Reduced reload time for AUG A3 PARA and SERBU SHOTGUN
Added a new vote kick system and a console messager. Type “votekick/playername” to initiate a vote kick for 30 seconds on the server.
Internal camo testing on AK models
[Assault rifle] AK74 added
[LMG] RPK74 added
Reverted hitmarker update to fire on client side
Changed all penetration values of Assault rifles and Carbines to have at least a 1 stud in thickness (from 0.5)
Fixed canted sight positions for Mosin Nagant
Internal bug and stability fixes
[Sniper Rifle] Mosin Nagant added: Russian WWII bolt action rifle
[Secondary] Obrez added: Sawed off Mosin Nagant rifle/pistol
Minor UI fix to credits display
Attempt to fix chat message automatically recording the “/” key in the text when pressing it to chat (Issue is not replicated in studio)
Converted all MP5 Variants to use meshparts
Testing meshpart conversion on MP5k
Reverted firerate decay after testing
AN-94 automatic firemode follows its real life initial burst mechanism
Experimental firerate decay when firing in automatic for over 10 rounds (not realistic and will probably be removed based on feedback)
Reduced Flechette kill requirement to 500
Fixing some internal bugs with hit detection generating server output lag
Fixed sniper swaying while not aiming
Test to have hitmarkers fired only when server confirms damage
New internal stats added to sniper scopes. Previously all snipers had exactly the same scope sway times, magnitude, speed, ect. This will pave a way to make future snipers more unique.
Five main internal scope stats
- Sway magnitude: How magnified the swaying is
- Sway speed: How fast the swaying travels
- Steady speed: How fast it takes to reach steady position when holding breath
- Breathing rate: How long the breath can be held
- Recovery rate: How long it takes to recover breath stamina
Light attempt to fix aimbot issues (most likely ineffective)
New scope reticle for R700
New shotgun round types
Slugs: single round projectile
Flechettes: Replaces buckshot pellets with darts for better penetration and range with slightly reduced damage
Birdshot: Scatters many tiny pellets for massive close quarter damage while sacrificing range
Subtle reduction in AN-94 recoil and buff to hipfire stability
Preparing for admin testing on live servers
Fixed AN-94 burst cap carrying over to automatic fire RPM
Increased AN-94 burst cap to 500 RPM
Modified blood hit effects to be more visible and darker
Modified burst fire mechanic to fire only when mouse is held down
AN-94 now has a 400 RPM firerate cap in between bursts
Revised blood hit effects
Slightly decreased contrast levels for most maps to make it less dark
Updated chat system to use roblox’s ChatFilterAsync API
Added a server check on player health to prevent kill trading
Reduced the blueness tint on most maps
Toned down shader effects overall
Fixed an issue where shaders were not enabled while spectating players from the menu