Gun suggestions megathread

Earlier in that chat I explained some suggestions to make it different.

I’ll merge this when I get home

I’m prob gonna change it to 105 or 108 - 99

72-68 sounds more reasonable

Let’s be honest:

If Dust gets added, the AWP will probably be highly requested.

Ask @Bunnyrich123 I was going off of what he said.

He said it should be 108 - 112

For torso, Limbs maybe 64>58. Does a reload time of 2.5 sec sound reasonable?

For headshot not bodyshot.

Maybe change the weapon to be one shot at close ranges? The logic that a .308 rifle can one shot body shot at any range but a .338 Lapua can’t makes no sense at all.

Edit: Information I stated above is false. But I mean, if it’s gonna be statistically similar to the rest of the snipers, it should at least have one defining trait.

Okay, so from what you said and what the others add on I have this as the current stats:

Damage: 72 - 68
Rate of Fire: 75
Range: 100 - 210
Ammo: 9(+1)/62
Multipliers: 1.3x head, 1.1x body, 1.0x limb
Other Stats
Ammo Type: 7.62x51mm
Muzzle Velocity:
Sight Magnification:
Reload Time: 2.5 sec
Penetration Depth: .8 studs

Why have an AWP when you already have the L115A3. .338 Lapua >7.62x51mm

The gun itself guns with a 42x scope that could be the default.

Mk, So here are the stats Now:

Damage: 72 - 68
Rate of Fire: 75
Range: 100 - 210
Ammo: 9(+1)/62
Multipliers: 1.3x head, 1.1x body, 1.0x limb
Other Stats
Ammo Type: 7.62x51mm
Muzzle Velocity:
Sight Magnification: 6x42
Reload Time: 2.5
Penetration Depth: .8 studs

Lol we already have AWS plus L96 is the original variant of BOTH of those guns. So wouldnt it make more sense to have that instead of AWP

Whenever StyLis adds in different variants of the same weapon, they are usually tweaked to have an advantage over one another. For example, the AK-47 is the weapon with the highest damage of the 3, but it’s the most difficult to control. The AK-74 is the easiest to control of the 3, but generally the weakest. And the AKM is the limbo of the 47 and 74. With the AWS and L115A3, advantages are easily seen. L115 offers more damage, but if the bullet drop is mastered, the AWS can not only provide you with damage that is almost as high, but an internal surpressor and twice the rounds. What would the L96 bring to the table that would make it a more viable option over the AWS and L115A3?

Faster walkspeed akin to the slower dmr’a. Faster ADS time could also be included. This allows for a quite agressive playstyle.

Honestly, I can’t really see speed being a real reason I want to use it over the other two variants. In fact, I prefer snipers that are a little slower. I mean, you could make it do a little more damage than an AWS, and increase bolting speed of it to the point where it becomes a reason to use over a Mosin

I prefer the faster snipers, it’s why I dont care too much for the Hecate,BFG,Intervention etc. I enjoy the remington,mosin,and L11 over those DUE to not being as slow. The bolt speed is a good idea. The faster ads would also be a big reason for many players to use it.

So then, the L96 is basically a Mosin, but does more damage. I can work with that.

Exactly I mean obviously the Mosin woul have it’s own quirks but ya your absolutely spot on from where I’D want the gun.