Removing Suburbias

Suburbias, as you all know, have a lot of issues. Bad map flow, easy spawntraps, and a lot of design flaws. Shay and I settled on revamping it, but because of the recent mapmaking contest on Reddit, we don’t have any sufficient time to replace that map. Hence we are thinking of removing it until the revamp is done and ready.

Please help give me your honest opinions as regards to removing Suburbias from the rotation, at least until a revamp is made.

[EDIT]: I also understand that a lot of you have issues with the infamous Dunes as well, some even after the lag issues has been fixed. Please do bear with me while I address the rest of the problems. That is, we won’t be removing it at all.

Also, wow, 214 votes? (thanks to those for the announcements in the discord servers)

Thank you!

• Yeah, remove it.
  • Keep it in the game.

0 voters

Replace Suburbia with Crane Site Revamp?

Yes yes YES

I support the decision to remove Suburbia from the map rotation.

Focusing on the community map contest would have a handful of new maps to test, which is better than what we have as of now.

When a revamp is available, that’ll be a good time to have another look into Suburbia.

Fucc off bot

Sad to see a map have to go, but it’s for the best; Suburbia isn’t a fun or polished map right now. It’s welcome to come back when it’s in better shape, but right now it’s either a melee moshpit in the center or one side getting spawntrapped for an entire round. Nevermind that it has really strange oversights like missing invisible walls and restrictive walls above the houses!

My vote’s on dropping Suburbia, and while it’d be nice to replace it with something, I’d rather it’s just removed quickly and worry about filling the hole later.

The map was poorly designed and weird,
It was one of my least favorite maps within the game and I’ll be glad to see it go.

Personally I think Dunes is just as bad if not worse than Suburbia, but if it’s JUST suburbia on the block then chop away anyway.

Can you guys also remove Dunes, or at least fix the lag in the map?

ew no i would rather have suburbia if you are gonna do that

also remove dunes. its design is just retarded there is almost no place you can play rush because the five year old is sitting on the tower with a sniper or colt lmg. there is simple just too much roof.

the real issue with suburbia is that it is quite linear on both tactics&gameplay and class setup. the lag makes it so much worse

and the lag too

Before stylis uploads a map they should have a test version and then after a specific amount of time hold a vote if it should be in the game or not.

and this is why the bot has no friends

Uhh… My dude, the revamped Crane Site… It used to be a lot worse…

I fixed up a lot of the lag, so you should bid farewell to those framerate drops.